Christmas evokes a a wealth of emotions. Today, I’m sharing 25 Christmas Journal Prompts to discover how you feel about the holiday season
Christmas is a special time of year. But for many people, it brings a myriad of emotions – some happy and some not so happy. The holiday blues is a real thing and they can leave us pining for those we’ve lost in death. We may mourn old traditions that are no longer continued. Or we may have a renewed love for the season as we watch Christmas magic overtake our children’s hearts. Sometimes you may feel all the above. Today, I encourage you to go through the list of 25 Christmas journal prompts and discover how you feel about the holiday season.
25 Christmas Journal Prompts
- What is your favorite childhood memory about Christmas?
- Did you believe in Santa? Was that a good or bad experience?
- What does Christmas mean to you?
- What does your ideal/perfect Christmas look like?
- If money were no object, what would you want for Christmas?
- What is the most special Christmas gift someone has given you?
- Who do you miss most around Christmas?
- Do you make goals for the New Year? What are some of the goals you have right now?
- Describe how your family celebrates Christmas.
- What Christmas traditions in your family do you love most? How will you ensure those traditions continue?
- What things make you feel most connected to others at Christmas?
- How will you spread Christmas cheer this year?
- What is your favorite holiday movie and why do you love it?
- Is there anything that makes you sad around Christmas? Why?
- Some people feel blue around the holidays. What can you do to combat those feelings?
- What is your favorite memory of your childhood home at Christmas?
- Describe something you love to do on cold winter nights?
- How do you feel about the commercialism around Christmas?
- Write a Christmas story.
- For what are you most grateful at Christmastime?
- What is most stressful at Christmas? What can you do to make it better?
- Describe what you love most about Winter.
- How can you be a more giving person during the holidays?
- What has changed since the beginning of this year?
- How was God faithful to me this year?
Be sure to visit my other posts for more journaling ideas: