Try this easy, sweet and savory roasted root medley, perfect for weeknight dinners
This is by far one of my favorite vegetable recipes. First, this roasted root medley is very easy to make. In fact it is so simple, you may wonder why I’m sharing it. That’s because it is one of my favorite side dishes ever!
It’s so easy you almost don’t need a recipe. It’s just chopped vegetables with olive oil. However, the pairing of sweet potato, carrots, and sweet onion make a sweet & salty combination.
In the past, I’ve also made this with sheet pan dinners. I know I’m not the only person who loves one pan dinners!
I discovered this recipe about five years ago during a cleanse diet. That’s the other great thing about this dish. It’s Keto, Paleo, Auto-Immune Paleo, Whole30, Atkins and Weight Watcher friendly. As a variation, you can add other root veggies like beets or parsnips.
Personally, I line the baking pan with parchment paper. It makes clean up a breeze. I also recommend turning the vegetables about half way through baking for perfect tenderness.Jump to Recipe
Roasted Root Medley
- 1/8 Cup Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- 5 Large Carrots Peeled, Chopped
- 2 Small Sweet Potatoes Peeled, Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Sweet Onion Chopped
- Salt & Pepper To taste
- Wash and peel potatoes and carrots.
- Chop vegetables and place in a mixing bowl
- Add olive oil to the mixture and toss until vegetables are fully coated
- Spoon vegetables onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Bake at 425° for 30 minutes or until tender. Turn vegetables over with a spatula about half way through cooking.
Looking for other weeknight recipes? Try Perfect Spanish Rice
The post Roasted Root Medley first appeared on My Beautiful Mess.