She does him good. That is the motto of the Proverbs 31 woman. Enjoy this month long devotional of prayer prompts for your husband.
“She does him good, and not harm, all the days of her life.” Proverbs 31:12
There are certainly many ways to bless your husband, but the best way certainly has to be praying for him. To make sure I do this for my husband daily, I put an alarm in my phone that goes off just minutes after he leaves in the morning. In the stillness of the morning, before my day gets too frantic, I pray for him. This is where us wives must be careful not to complain about him to God, but rather to pray for him. If you’ve never prayed for your husband, I challenge you to commit to it for 31 days and see how it not only changes you but your spouse. Here are a few ideas, based on my own prayers.
31 Days of Praying for Your Husband
1.Pray that he desires to go to church.
2. Pray that he is blessed with wisdom and discernment.
3. Pray that he finds friends who are Christ-centered and will hold him accountable.
4. Pray that he finds favor at work.
5. Pray he will find the Lord’s help when he is sexually tempted.
6. Pray he will love truth and hate lies.
7. Pray he is a wise financial steward.
8. Pray he will find joy in family life.
9. Pray he will forgive easily and quickly, extending grace to those who may not deserve it.
10. Pray he will confess any sins that are hidden.
11. Pray he find freedom from any strongholds.
12. Pray he assumes the role of wise leader in your family.
13. Pray he uses his gifts and abilities to magnify the Lord.
14. Pray that he cultivates deep relationships with his children.
15. Pray he will desire to read scripture.
16. Pray he will use scripture to make decisions.
17. Pray he operates with equal truth and grace.
18. Pray he love Jesus above all things.
19. Pray he will never despair.
20. Pray he will desire to protect your marriage from anything that might destroy it.
21. Pray he have a heart of gratitude.
21. Pray he rejects Satan and all his empty promises.
22. Pray any feelings of envy or jealousy leave his heart.
23. Pray he tempers his words carefully.
24. Pray he will ask for help when he needs it.
25. Pray he will discern when to listen and when to speak.
26. Pray he protects his five senses from things that are not holy.
27. Pray God strips away selfishness from his actions and heart.
28. Pray his ego decreases and humility increases.
29. Pray for the blessing of self-control and self-discipline.
30. Pray he submits to God’s will.
31. Pray he become God’s perfect design.
Before You Go
If you’re looking for other devotionals, see my Scripture Reading posts: