Christmas decorations can be so expensive! Make your own with this quick 30 minute DIY Christmas Swag craft.
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from this page, I may receive a small percentage at no cost to you.
I have a love-hate relationship with decorating. It’s true. I fret so much about what to put on my walls, that sometimes they end up blank. This year, I decided to do a little something different than my boring old Christmas wreaths on my french doors. So I decided to put up swags. I found some in a store, but they were $30 each! Instead, decided to make them myself. I made these DIY Christmas swags for $14.97 including the suction cup hanger!
The longest part of this DIY Christmas Swag was making the bow. I finished both swags within 30 minutes. If you are using a preformed bow, it will probably take you about 5 mins each!
- Wire cutters
- Wreath hanger (suction cup hanger if hanging on mirror or glass)
- 2.5″ Wired Ribbon or Pre-made bow
- Large floral spray (approx 10-12″)
- Floral wire or twisty tie
- Gather supplies. Using strong pliers, slowly bend the end of the floral spray to make a circle. This will allow you to hook it to a holder. Make sure it slips onto your holder and adjust as necessary.
2. Make a floral bow with 2.5″ wide wired ribbon. Wired ribbon holds the shape. I used buffalo plaid, but you can use any ribbon you’d like. If you aren’t comfortable making bows, you can simply purchase one at a local hobby or craft store.
3. Once you’ve made your bow (or even if you have purchased one). Make certain that you go through and puff out all your loops in order to make a full looking bow.
4. Attach floral wire or a twisty tie to the back of the bow. You’ll then attach it to the floral stem. Wrap it tightly and securely.
5. Once completed, attach your finished swag to your wreath hanger.
Learn more about how to make Retro Sequin Ball Ornaments
The post DIY Christmas Swag first appeared on My Beautiful Mess