Decluttering can be overwhelming, especially if you don’t know where to begin. Don’t fret. Here are 50 things to throw away right now.
Confession time: I’m a recovering hoarder. Okay, well maybe not that extreme, but I was definitely a clutter bug. I have a hard time letting go of things. What if I need it later? What if I finally get around to fixing it? After all, I paid good money for this! I totally get it.
Saying goodbye to things can be difficult and it’s very easy to start justifying why you should keep something. If you aren’t sure where to start, here are 50 things to throw away right now.
There are definitely things of value you may very well try to sell. But today, we’re just going to focus us on what can go into a trash can right now. These are things that have lost their usefulness and can therefore be tossed strait into a trash can.
Once you get into the habit of decluttering, I’m sure you’ll find it liberating!
So grab a trash bag and let’s begin!
50 Things to Throw Away
- Old Magazines
- Stationery you no longer use
- Developed photos that are blurry, bad shots, or are duplicated
- Goopy nail polish
- Wrinkled / torn gift wrap
- Old party supplies
- Tattered gift bags
- Financial paperwork older than 5 years
- Instruction manuals & out-of-date warranties
- Old phone cases
- Pens that no longer write
- Coupons, mailers, etc.
- Glasses and contact lenses that are not your prescription anymore
- Old Checkbooks
- Broken jewelry
- Scratched sunglasses
- Stained or torn clothes
- Cosmetics older the 3 months
- Bath loofahs & sponges that are looking worn
- Earrings that don’t have a pair
- Socks with holes or no partner
- Frayed device-charging cords
- Old sponges and dish wands
- Phone books
- Expired food in your pantry
- Out-of-date batteries
- Puzzles and games that are missing pieces
- Warped food storage containers or ones that have no lids
- Toiletries with old or very little product left
- Expired medicine
- Worn out hair ties & accessories
- VHS tapes or Cassettes that you can’t play
- Old toothbrushes
- Stockings or nylons with runs
- Old underwear or bras
- Empty Bottles
- Expired vitamins and supplements
- Old invitations and greeting cards
- Planners and calendars from previous years
- Business cards
- Spent gift cards
- Dried up paint
- Free return address labels
- Notepads you don’t use
- Pet supplies you don’t use
- Gloves with no pair
Looking for other decluttering tips? Learn more about 5 Steps to Decluttering Books
The post, 50 Things To Throw Away Right Now first appeared on My Beautiful Mess
3 thoughts on “50 Things To Throw Away Right Now”