Every now and then, we lose a deep connection with our spouse. Busy schedules, kids, and work are often to blame. Get conversation going with 25 Questions to Reconnect With Your Spouse
It’s very easy to lose that close connection with your spouse. If you have kids, it’s almost bound to happen. Between trying to juggle schedules and work, trying to squeeze in time for you and your spouse is really a tireless effort.
Sometimes we disconnect even though it is not our intention. As a mother of young children somedays, I don’t even know if I’ve showered! Gross, I know, but it’s the truth. Parents have little time for date nights and romantic evenings. In fact, we don’t even have a regular babysitter so our date nights are solely on Valentine’s day or our anniversary. Therefore, we try to do a lot of our date nights at home once the kids are in bed.
How to Reconnect
I’ve learned that time to reconnect has to be scheduled. I know how sterile that sounds! But hey, if I were to wait for it to happen organically, it would never happen! Am I right?
I find I have to make it a priority and pencil it in like any other thing that is important. Reconnecting isn’t expensive. Sometimes it’s as simple as just having a conversation together and redefining where you want your marriage and family to go. It’s learning about your spouse. After all, people grow and change. Our goals and dreams change. If you aren’t growing together, you’ll grow apart.
It’s not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.Frederich Nietzsche
Reconnecting With Your Spouse
Sometimes I think we have exhausted all topics of conversation. That’s why today, I’m sharing 25 questions to reconnect with your spouse. Think of them as conversation starters. Learn if your spouse has changed their views. Pose follow up questions to understand him or her better. Interview their heart.
25 Questions to Reconnect With Your Spouse
- What scares you about our future?
- When are you happiest?
- What do you like to do, that you wish you had more time to do?
- What makes you proud as a parent?
- Is this what you thought parenting would look like?
- What traits do you love in our children?
- What is your best memory of our kids so far?
- Are you satisfied with our lovemaking?
- How can I help you with stress in your life?
- Do you feel like your needs are being met? If not, what can I do?
- What kind of vacations would you like to take with our family?
- Where do you see us in 5 years?
- Are there boundaries you think we need to put in place to protect our marriage?
- What would make you feel closer to me?
- What kind of activities do you want to start doing together?
- Is there anything about our kids that worries you?
- How do you feel about our finances?
- How can I help you become closer to God?
- Is there anything you want to tell me?
- What’s your happiest moment of our life together?
- How do you envision our retirement?
- What worries you right now?
- Is there something you think we should be teaching our kids?
- What is something you’ve always wanted to do?
- Do you have any regrets?
Every now and then my husband and I ask each other similar questions to try and understand our vision for our marriage, our family, and our lives. I’d love to hear what other kind of questions you think are good to ask!
If you’re looking for more topics on marriage, see my post on Setting Healthy Boundaries in Your MarriageFollow my blog with Bloglovin
3 thoughts on “25 Questions to Reconnect With Your Spouse”
When I held down the Pinterest button to pin your article about 25 ways to reconnect with your spouse (from MeWe) this is what popped up. You may want to reconsider this sponsor. Assuming that’s the issue…
Well, I took a screenshot to show you, and I’m not able to add any kind of picture to this comment. It was a picture of a wedding couple cutting cake. Both of the bride’s breasts were almost fully on the outside of her dress. The heading encouraged you to look closely. It said it was sponsored by “WordSa.”
Hey Nadine, I don’t have that issue. Can you screenshot it and send it to Marylentz13@gmail.com. And can you clarify for me, is it the pin button at the bottom of the post or the one that hovers as you scroll. I’m not sure what you mean by “this sponsor” either. I appreciate you reporting this.