Looking for a new way to spend some spiritual quiet time? Try these Christian journal prompts to help explore your Christian walk.
Hello friend. I hope you’re having an awesome day. Today, I’m sharing some Christian journal prompts that I hope will help you fine tune your relationship with Christ. These are some of the topics I’ve written about in my own journal this past year.
I like to think of Christian journal prompts as a personal assessment about your spiritual life. So many times we are just trodding along not even realizing they we are off track somewhere. Using these journal prompts help me to stop and evaluate just where I am on my spiritual walk.
I will add one disclosure though. The Bible should be your guide through this. My degree is in Psychology and journaling can often be associated with that because Psychology is all about finding answers within yourself. But that isn’t what I’m promoting. I’m asking you to listen for God’s voice with scripture as your guide. Personally, I like to pray before I do spiritual journaling. Ask God to reveal His will for your life and ask Him to impart wisdom. If you enjoy this post, you may also enjoy my post, Bible Study Journal Prompts which is more scripture focused.
Christian Journal Prompts
- Describe a time in your life where God has rescued you. Do you believe He’ll do it again?
- Write a scripture that brings you peace. What is God saying to you?
- Describe a time where you believed God spoke to you.
- Write a prayer of surrender to God.
- How can you be bold and courageous for the Lord.
- Be still. What is God telling you now?
- How can you serve God better?
- How can you be a light to others in a dark world?
- Describe a time when God used a bad situation for your good.
- What do you feel God is asking you to change?
- What do you imagine heaven will be like?
- When do you feel most distant from God?
- How are you hurting others with your pride?
- Ecclesiastes tells us there is a season for everything. What season are you in right now?
- Write out the lyrics of a Christian song or hymn that brings you joy.
- Write a scripture that brings you joy. How can you apply it to your life?
- Describe a blessing that happened this week.
- Write a Psalm of worship to God.
- Do you find it hard to apologize? If so, why?
- The bible specifically speaks of joy, not happiness. In what way are they different?
- Are you self-righteous about something? What can you do about it?
- What are the character attributes you think a Christian should have?
- When you get offended by something how does your pride react?
- Pick a bible character. What can we learn from his/her life?
- What do you need to confess to God?
- Write a letter of forgiveness to an enemy.
- Is there something that you haven’t forgiven yourself for? How can you receive the healing of the Lord?
- Write 5 scripture verses that make you feel strong and courageous.
- What does forgiveness look like?
- If you are struggling though something, what do you think God wants to you to learn?
- List all the needs God is currently meeting.
- What do you love most about your church family?
- What does God say about pride (see the scriptures)?
- Describe someone in your life who exemplifies humility.
- What are your God-given gifts and talents? How can you use them to advance the Kingdom?
- Who or what do you need to forgive?
Before You Go
Don’t forget to PIN this post for later. Also, take a look at some of my other scripture related posts.
9 thoughts on “Christian Journal Prompts”
Thanks so much for these! I’m on day 3 and they’re so helpful. Hope you had a happy Mother’s Day!
I find this journal insights very helpful and inspirational. Although I am not a good writer, I find your the prompts you suggested very helpful. I also loved the scripture reading you put. I am encouraged. Thank you so much. Blessings!
Thanks so much for reading. I’m glad it was helpful to you!
I liked your prompts and you suggestion and found the very helpful, I would if you would mind me add the image to my blog with a backlick to your blog
Sure. You are welcome to do that
Journaling is something I am trying to learn more about myself. Those are good starters. The challenge is to find which one to answers as it can be overwhelming at times to try to answer all these. Lol.
I was reading that people like DL Moody and other great men of God had journals and thus we should try to keep one as well.
Good post. Thanks a lot.