Keep your little one busy and improve their short term memory with this FREE printable Halloween memory game.
We are just a few weeks away from Halloween and today, I’m sharing another FREE printable with you. If you are looking for a quick, fun way to pass the time I’ve got something for you. I love making memory games for my preschooler. It’s a simple game that he has really grown to love.
I love getting my preschooler to do it at the kitchen table while I make dinner. It’s a great boredom buster and I don’t actually have to sit down with him to play.
Benefits of Memory Game
Playing memory games has lots of benefits for your child. Some of those benefits include:
- Trains short term memory
- Builds vocabulary
- Practice problem solving
- Trains visual memory
- Improves concentration
- Improves ability to classify objects based on similarities and differences
- Practice following directions
To find similarities, your child will look for similarities in size, shape and color. This skill is actually an early math skill. They’ll need this skill to find patterns and sequences in numbers.
Free Printable Halloween Memory Game
How to Use Your Free Printable Halloween Memory Game
- Download the file to your computer
- Use Adobe Acrobat or other PDF viewing software to open
- Open file and print on card stock or paper
For added durability consider printing on card stock and laminating.
- Trim following the lines provided
- Mix them up and place them face down in rows
- Take turns lifting two at a time until a match is found.
Have a wonderful and safe Halloween, friends! Don’t forget to pin this post for later. Also, check out some of my other free printables here! Share this post with your friends. Thanks for reading.